Saturday 4 October 2014

The search for an Umbrella

On Friday (October 3rd) we went on our first Irish adventure in the rain. The goal was to find Brendan an umbrella for work, however somehow we never managed to buy one.  We walked from our temporary housing in Grand Canal Square to O'Connell Street (Dublin's "main thoroughfare" according to Wikipedia). Here I was able to change the last of the American cash I had on me to Euro and we popped into a few shops. Nothing major to note of this excursion, but I have included a few photos below.  I guess we still have to find umbrellas. 
Waiting for the pedestrian light to turn on before crossing the street in front of the Samuel Beckett Bridge.  Our temporary housing is right next to this Harp shaped bridge, which opened in Dublin in 2009.
Unfortunately my finger wasn't fast enough, but for a fleeting moment the sun started shining and a huge rainbow arched from the far side of the Jurys Inn all the way to the boat to the right of Maya. It last only a few moments and I was unable to capture it in the photo.
At the mall Luke spotted a "Merry-a-ground" and we splurged on the 2 euro for the 30 second ride.


It made him happy though!
This was Brendan's favorite store at the Mall. Authentic Ameican Style. AMAZING If only I had a dress with half a tiger face on it!
We spotted a toy store at the mall and the kids have been having their christmas lists ever since. We could barely get Luke off this John Deer Peddle digger. He isn't quite grasping the idea of being good for Santa though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment